I'm sick of fundraisers. I'm sick of other kids wanting me to buy their stuff. I'm sick of my kids wanting me to buy their stuff. I'm sick of sending my kids to ask other people to buy their stuff.
Why don't we just learn to make due with what we've got? By "we" I mean our schools, bands, soccer teams, baseball teams, glee clubs, Spanish clubs, French clubs, PTAs, church groups, football teams, PACs, universities, alumni associations, and everyone else who wants to raise money because they think they need more stuff. Live with what we've got or just ask people to give us the money or the extra stuff. There's no point spending five dollars for a one dollar candy bar so some organization can have more money.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I'm with you on this one! I'd rather just give cash than "buy" their products. And how about the "prizes" they offer the kids! Garbage.
ReplyDelete